Events List Navigation
Speaker: Lourdes Hernández-Martín, Language Coordinator (Spanish projects and Arabic), London School of Economics.
In this workshop, we will have the opportunity:
- to learn the basis of this tool such as how to create and manage a Twitter account, how to write tweets and to create hashtags, how to follow other Twitter users, how to follow events, etc.
- to reflect on Twitter styles and the creation of one´s identity using different Twitter accounts samples
- to analyze Twitter uses for teaching/learning languages
PLEASE, do not forget to bring a computer, a tablet or a smartphone.
The workshop is also an excellent occasion to meet and share our current academic projects. The Committee will update participants on the latest developments in Encuentro ele-uk 2017.
Speaker: María Blanco Hermida, Open Language Programme Spanish Coordinator, University of Westminster.
Objectives of the workshop:
- to reflect on the benefits of introducing specific language learning strategies in SFL programmes
- to present a sequence of classroom-based language learning strategies activities already piloted successfully in an HE context in UK
- to present the feedback received from students during the piloting of the activities
- to explore ideas for designing language learning strategy training programmes which are suitable for the teaching contexts of the workshop participants
PLEASE, bring a syllabus of a Spanish course you are teaching and the assessment dates.